Nano Capability with 2.8" TFT Displays

Kees T

The subjects are too difficult to sort so I'll start another thread.

There are really nice serial interface 2.8" TFTs with touchscreens out there for pretty low prices ($8-$9). I would like to know just what you can do with an existing Nano or a Protoneer (much faster and way more storage). Seems like we have enough pins coming off the existing controller to support an SPI (4 pins). May need a small board between the existing Raduino  and the TFT (level shifters, etc). What functions could you support with firmware ? In other words what capabilities could be added if you don't worry about DSP, FFTs, etc. and other microcontroller intensive stuff.

Keep it simple and minimal..... starting with the existing uBITX and a 2.8" TFT with a SPI interface. What would you suggest ?

73 Kees K5BCQ