Re: ND6T AGC implementation for uBIT-X

K9HZ <bill@...>

Well, data shows that the RD16HHF1 does have a lower “kill rate” than the IRF510.  In fact, the RD16 device can run at higher power and still survive usual SWR problems (short, open, etc).  I don’t think it has anything to do with voltage spikes, as the maximum voltage of the IRF510 is about double the RD16 device limits.  I have not studied the dies thoroughly, but I think it has to do with heat removal and the way the junctions are manufactured.

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook! facebook icon

Moderator – North American QRO Group at Groups.IO.

email:  bill@...