Re: mono band 2 meters rig based on the micro BITx circuit #ubitx #2meters

Lawrence Galea

Exactly.
I have one for 6M and another for 4M.
Very small and easily fitted in a case with the μbits.
If you want higher power that's another issue.
With just the barefoot transverter and a simple dipole just about 4M high on the roof fed with some 15M RG58 I worked quite a few stations on 4M as can be seen on my 4M loq at QRZ.com

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 5:06 PM, K9HZ <bill@...> wrote:

If such a radio is just CW and SSB, those ultra-cheap transverters from the Ukraine are by far the best solution.  If the radio will operate FM… that’s where a redesign is required.

I’m using one of the transverters now and they work fine with some simple interfacing.

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook! facebook icon

Moderator – North American QRO Group at Groups.IO.

email:  bill@...