Re: Sideband Suppression (receive) #ubitx #ubitx-help

Tim Gorman

Another member of the group gave me this advice.

Tune to 7074 using LSB. You should hear nothing. Then change to USB and
you should hear all kinds of psk and other digital modes.

If you hear these signals in LSB then your BFO frequency is not
correct.

My BFO was way off after I first tried to calibrate it. I then started
over with mine at 996.4 and ended up at 996.7. If yours is a long way
off from that then I'll bet you hear psk at 7074 when in LSB.

tim ab0wr

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:49:51 -0700
"David Beal" <aardvarq@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I don't have any equipment except my ears to measure
the power levels.

After calibration, during receive, my radio has what seems (to my
ears) to be relatively poor suppression of the unwanted sideband.
Adjusting the USB BFO frequency hasn't made any dramatic
improvement.  I'm running KD8CEC firmware and IF Shift isn't giving
me any real joy either.

Is anyone else seeing the same?  Is there some adjustment that I'm
missing to improve this?

Thank you & 72
Dave Beal
AE6RQ