Re: Ubitx average SSB output

Howard Fidel

1K. Change one or the other, not both.

On 4/27/2018 10:14 AM, iz oos wrote:

If R63=24ohm what value should R65 be?

Il 27/apr/2018 16:03, "Skip Davis via Groups.Io" <skipnc9o=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
Howard did you also change out R65 that was posted here too.
By the way the parts showed up here yesterday, thanks a lot. Now to find time to install them.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Apr 27, 2018, at 09:57, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

Yes. Change R63 to 24 ohms. The earlier rev boards had 100 ohms there, and V3 has 47. I put another 47 ohm resistor in parallel with the one on the board. Now I don't need to yell into the mic.

Howard WB2VXW

On 4/27/2018 3:22 AM, iz oos wrote:

I have checked SSB output for the Ubitx using a Softrock sdr receiver. The carrier is well aligned and the filter gives a very good shape. Whistling is gives full output with the stock mic element. The output seems clean but the average power during normal speech seems to me a bit low. Is there an easy way to increase it? 73, Franco