Re: mono band 2 meters rig based on the micro BITx circuit #ubitx #2meters

freefuel@...

Hi Ken, the driving motivation here is for Single Side Band operations, with that said your totally and completely correct there is absolutely no financial benefit to building an FM only VHF circuit.

with the 45MHz crystal filter I can see it maybe working on 4 Meters, 2 Meters, and maybe 1.25 Meters. so I could see a reasonable compromise being a dual band rig with 2 meters and the option of 4 meters or 222MHz.  for 6 meters I understand a different crystal filter would need to be employed.

-Justin N2OTH