Re: show your mic

Tim Gorman

kenselectronics.com carries carbon elements. They are used but they are
available. If you have any 1960-1980 Western Electric standard
telephones, especially dial type, check to see if they have carbon
elements.

tim ab0wr

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:36:24 +0530
"Mvs Sarma" <mvssarma@...> wrote:

In continuation, i suppose that except salvaged ones , we may not be
able to get carbon mics now a days.

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 11:34 PM, Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@...>
wrote:

Simple . It works with a DC bias and resistance variation of carbon
granules packed in a mic convey the speech content.
Only diffiernce is that the bandwidth would be much less as against
electret or dynamic mics.
regards
sarma
vu3zmv

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 11:28 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...>
wrote:
Lee

It will be interesting to see, and hear, how that T-32 carbon
button microphone
works with the BITX. It may need some attenuation because carbon
microphones
usually output a fairly high level signal. who knows...we could be
seeing a new
trend of using carbon microphones for their inherent frequency
limiting and high
output.

Arv K7HKL
_._

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 10:32 AM, Lee <mr.olson@...> wrote:

The microphone is a Model T-32 made by Kellogg Company for
military communications. It was sometimes used with the English
T-1154 transmitter in WW2 Lancaster bombers. Yes, they were used
in many places after the war and one popular use was on a PA
system in railroad yards. Since I need 4 wires I am using a
Cobra/Midland CB style 4 pin plug and jack with the locking ring.