Re: show your mic

MVS Sarma

In continuation, i suppose that except salvaged ones , we may not be able to get carbon mics now a days.

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 11:34 PM, Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:
Simple . It works with a DC bias and resistance variation of carbon granules packed in a mic  convey the speech content.
 Only diffiernce is that the bandwidth would be much less as against electret or dynamic mics.
regards
sarma
 vu3zmv

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 11:28 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
Lee

It will be interesting to see, and hear, how that T-32 carbon button microphone
works with the BITX.  It may need some attenuation because carbon microphones
usually output a fairly high level signal.  who knows...we could be seeing a new
trend of using carbon microphones for their inherent frequency limiting and high
output.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 10:32 AM, Lee <mr.olson@...> wrote:
The microphone is a Model T-32 made by Kellogg Company for military communications.  It was sometimes used with the English T-1154 transmitter in WW2 Lancaster bombers.  Yes, they were used in many places after the war and one popular use was on a PA system in railroad yards.  Since I need 4 wires I am using a Cobra/Midland CB style 4 pin plug and jack with the locking ring.