Re: Teensy 3.5/3.6 upgrade for uBITX

Jerry Gaffke

I doubt there's any non-volatile memory on the RPi other than the SD card,
as that involves more process steps when building a CPU chip.

Here's an 8 Gbyte SD card for $4.99:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingston-8GB-Class-4-microSDHC-Memory-Card/39137510
So for $10 you could get an RPi Zero plus that SD card with about 250,000 times as much flash as we have on the Nano.

Additional reasons the RPi's are so cheap for what they offer:
  Created and built by a non-profit for educational purposes
  The same parts are also used in a few hundred million cheap feature phones

Jerry

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 08:11 am, Jack Purdum wrote:
Good point, as I think the op sys and many other files are stored on the SD card.