Re: show your mic

David Wilcox

WOW!  That is a neat antique.  Might have been a PA or intercom mike back when they used similar ones on a stand for a telephone.  I have seen a lot of old telephones like that with the ear piece hanging off to the side.  When you picked up the ear piece it went to "Central" and the kind lady there connected you to your desired party.  Others had an early dial at the base.  Enjoy a piece of history along with the new.

Dave K8WPE

On Apr 22, 2018, at 10:04 PM, Lee <mr.olson@...> wrote:

I am in the process of re-purposing a very old microphone as you can see in they lower picture, FEB 1944.  A new microphone cable should be here next week.   The carbon element inside was bad so I went for a MAX9812 Microphone on a board for $1.75 on eBay.  This microphone was not from a telephone.  Any guesses?
<Microphone Modded.jpg>