Re: BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, April 22, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

Skip Davis

I heard Tom VE3THR in QSO with Dave K0MBT and followed them up and down in frequency. Tried to call just before they went to 3905MHz but no luck. Oh I did hear you both there but I’m using a 20 meter dipole loaded and I just don’t think it is up to the task on 75 mtrs.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Apr 22, 2018, at 21:58, pat griffin <patgriffin@...> wrote:

We were in the middle of thunderstorms, rain and dogs scratching the door.  Undaunted, the bitx40 made it through the static crashes to reach WS4JM a few hundred miles to the North.  It took a few tries to finally get all of the call letters.  Maybe next week the uBitx will be complete-High Power!

73 all

Pat AA4PG

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Tom VE3THR <muzzmobility@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:33:29 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, April 22, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

Come on guys...my BITX40 is no Maserati but it had an excellent night. 40M peaked about an hour before sunset (my greyline). That random QRM about every 10-15 min might be some kind of radar I'm told. No contests or QRN tonight...S5-S7 noise floor on the big rig. Guess no one is doing laundry tonight in my neighbourhood!
Record number of stations on tonight between 1900 - 2100 HRS Z. Most were well over 5x5 using my 40M dipole @ 30ft. QSO's with N4DR Marc, N6ORS Keith, KN4AIE Rick, WI1B Ken, WA4THR Vic, WA2FZW John, KC1FSZ, AC9RZ Doug and picked a few new ones WA3O Mike, N2HTT Mike, W2NDG, KE0NXP Glenn, AD0RW John and WS4JM Jay.
Mathew S. - get your ticket and join the group. Thanks for the reception reports.
Got my uBITX built and stuffed in a can, finally. Quickly upgraded to KD8CEC's V1.061 firmware. What a huge improvement from the stock version. Still not happy with the calibration settings so work in progress. I suspect the uBITX needs LOT'S OF MIC AUDIO from what I'm hearing up here so keep that mic up close and personal.
Tom VE3THR