Re: Finally made some SSB contacts! #ubitx

Skip Davis

Very good Dan great catch on forty. I’ll be trying to get mine on tonight.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Apr 22, 2018, at 17:14, Bill Meara via Groups.Io <n2cqr@...> wrote:

Good going Dan!  Congratulations. 73  Bill N2CQR

On Sunday, April 22, 2018, 5:05:36 PM EDT, Daniel Conklin <danconklin2@...> wrote:

I took my time getting the radio to the stage where I felt comfortable using it.  I took apart a non-functioning $2.00 Chinese Baofeng mic and replaced the guts withe the HFsignals provided mic capsule and switch.  Yesterday I made contact with the Cape Cod Marconi's Birthday Event station, KM1CC and they gave me a 59 on 40 meters! Then I made contact with three stations in South Bend, IN and in Michigan.
Dan, W2DLC