From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Raj vu2zap
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:54 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] show your mic

Max,

From board to board there will always be some variation of gain.

You can increasing the mic gain by reducing the resistor

BITX40 - R123
uBITX - R63

You could try the mic gain control I described recently.

You could also increase the drive

BITX40 - R136
uBITX - RV1

Raj

At 21/04/2018, you wrote:

Speaking of mics, I have to raise my voice almost to the level of shouting to get 5 watts out on 40 meters.  Is this normal or should I look for a problem?

Regards.

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.