Re: Update to the VK2ETA variation of Ian Lee's KD8CEC uBitx software #ubitx

John (vk2eta)

Uploaded a new version at this location:

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/Variations%20on%20KD8CEC%20Software%20%28by%20VK2ETA%29%20+%20ATU%20sketch/uBitx-Raduino-KD8CEC%20based-VK2ETA-Variation%20-%20V20180422.zip

Continuously looking for program size reduction to have as many features as possible concurrently in the Nano's memory.

Inspired by Ian Lee's KD8CEC version 1.701, I included a modified version of his TinyLCD library.

Compared to the complete default LiquidCrystal library this cut down version saves 452 bytes of program flash memory.

I made it into an object oriented class so it can be easily retrofitted into other projects as there are only two lines of code to change.

All the best,

73, John (VK2ETA)