Re: Coast to coast on my ubitx yesterday

Tim Gorman

Dave,

This is also a good site for how to measure output power.

http://dudleylab.com/Appnote-4-Power-tests1.pdf

tim ab0wr

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:50:28 -0700
davesters@... wrote:

Hi Tim
Yeah I do have a an oscope but the readings I gave you were from my
swr meter. Is my meter right?? It is a cheap cb meter. Still the
readings seem to close to what others have posted. Probably is my
location and atmospherics but was able to reach out and touch someone
as the old Bell ads once said. Yesterday I contacted someone in
Tucson and today it was Nantucket.

My antenna is a homemade choked dipole resonant on 40 and 80. Hung
between trees overlooking a ravine. I use recycled RG6 from an old
residential television system. I have thought about upgrading it but
then I wonder what would be gained.

I am running 13.8 on all circuits. I put details in my first post.

I did not check the bias on the pa. But did go through the other
calibration steps. The bfo was not set very close.

This is my main HF rig now and probably will be for some time. I have
thought about making the bitx40 a mobile unit.