Re: Upgrade the software to Allard's version #bitx40help #nano #radiuno

Allard PE1NWL

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 06:13 am, SaMa photo SaMa photo wrote:
But doing so overwrite the already loaded software, if I wanted to save a copy of the original sotware in my PC is possible?

If you ever want to restore the original software, you can always download it from https://github.com/afarhan/bitx40 and upload it back into your Raduino.

But the story that they say to save the calibrations and then upload them again because otherwise raduino starts from scratch?
The new software uses a different method for calibration, so you cannot use the original calibration value.
After upgrading to the new software, you must perform frequency recalibration anyway (don't worry too much about this, it's not very difficult, you can use another transceiver or AM broadcast station as a reference. See the instructions that are included with the software).
If you do not perform the recalibration, the frequency may be off by a few 100 Hz or so.

Good luck!
73 Allard PE1NWL