Re: receiver overload

Don, ND6T

The principle idea of my AGC mod is built around the potentiometer RF gain control. It is meant to work in concert with it. As such, that potentiometer works as a static dissipation device to ground. My antennas here are both end-fed random wires (one 175 feet long, the far end up 100 feet) and are excellent static accumulators unless provided a path to ground. A 10 Megohm resistor will do that, by the way. I cannot overemphasize the desirability of a manual RF gain control, even with an AGC. I think most operators, even with the fanciest of rigs, use that control extensively. Best noise reduction device ever! 73, DonĀ