Re: receiver overload

Tim Gorman

I'm sure it happens. But not consistently. You need wind and something
to create the charge like blowing dust. If the tuner is dissipating the
charge why doesn't the rig itself do it, at least with an unbalanced
feed?

tim ab0wr

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 08:47:00 -0500
"K9HZ" <@Doc_Bill> wrote:

Unless the antenna is picking up a static charge and the antenna
tuner is acting like an impedance to ground draining that charge
off. Don't laugh, it happens.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ
PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator
Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC
Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator
Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ
Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.
Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com
Like us on Facebook!

Moderator – North American QRO Group at Groups.IO.

email:  @Doc_Bill