Re: Tx frequency selection for FT8 on BITX40 running Allard's sketch #bitx40

Gerry Hull

Hi Doug,

Agreed.  I operate remotely from the Yukon as VY1AAA a lot... when on FT8, it generates Big pileups.  Those people who understand how to use split in FT8 get through faster.  Technique is still important.

I’m excited to try FT8 on the uBitX (which arrives Friday) from the home QTH in NH.  10w + FT8 has provided many DXCC in short order.

Gerry W1VE

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:32 AM Doug W <dougwilner@...> wrote:
Thanks Gerry.  Interestingly enough I did some searching on the topic of operating FT8 in split mode.  Turns out it is a hotly contested topic in certain circles with very strong opinions on both sides.  I think it is time for me to shift from theoretical to practical and leave the details to the guy with the medal from Sweden.