Re: UbitX I2C GPIO Breakouts?

Jerry Gaffke

Could work fine.
The library to speak i2c is already getting loaded for the si5351.

Primary issue I see is that i2c links take a millisecond or so,
vs under a microsecond for direct access of an IO pin.
At some point as we load up the Nano with i2c peripherals, it will get bogged down.
This applies to i2c displays as well.
Hasn't been an issue yet.

Another possible issue is that the common i2c bus provides an easy way
for RFI and birdies to find their way into the receiver.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 09:28 am, Mark Kesner wrote:
Looks like a great idea to me.  I googled the mentioned boards and there is a lot of info on how to use these.  Sparkfun has breakout boards for a similar device for $5 as well as examples and links to the library, etc.

I guess it depends on the firmware you are using and whether there is room to load the library. (?)

Thanks!

Mark
KC4GIA