Re: KB1OIQ: uBITX for visually impaired ham radio operators

Buddy Brannan

It could be easily, and I'd welcome such a feedback mechanism. However, of course this wouldn't be useful to those who don't know morse. This would be a pretty inexpensive optionas well, and I'm pretty sure (though not entirely sure) it could be implemented fairly easily. I'd love to see it myself; my KX3 has the morse readout enabled at about 35 wpm...same with the KRC2-ACC on my K2/100. But when you bring up the morse option in a group of blind hams, you'll get some who applaud the effort, and a bunch more that ask why it doesn't talk. Proving once again you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I should really get one of these kits, get someone to help me build it, then learn something about how the programming works. ...

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Mobile (preferred): (814) 431-0962

On Apr 15, 2018, at 11:53 AM, freefuel@... wrote:

may I ask why morse code was not used for the feedback?

-Justin N2TOH