Re: Newbie questions...

Gerry Hull

Thanks Bill.  I’ll keep that in mind.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 8:01 PM K9HZ <bill@...> wrote:

I think where Allison was going is that these electronic pots usually have a bandwidth that falls in the 10Hz-500KHz plus or minus so they will be limited to use in the audio section.  There may be some good reasons to use them in the audio chains though where you can create presets for different band-modes.  That could be slick.  As for things like drive level… no go.  There are some video range digital pots that might work there, but then can be very pricy.  For simple controllable voltage ranges… of course a simple Op amp amplifier off an analog pin of the Arduino is more than adequate.

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook! facebook icon

Moderator – North American QRO Group at Groups.IO.

email:  bill@...