JRC2073 socketed here, works ok.
73 Nikos
SV1IYF

On 12/4/2018 8:37 μμ, Joe Puma wrote:
I just received some 8pin dip sockets along with the NTE7155 audio amplifier that Mike Olsen here in the group suggested.

image1.jpeg

On Apr 12, 2018, at 1:28 PM, Xcott Craver <xcottcraver@...> wrote:

My TDA2822 just went up in an impressive display of smoke and sparks---glad I had the top of the case off so I could see it.  This board was shipped March 9th.  It's a WX chip soldered directly to the mainboard.   This happened in the 2nd test run, after about 5-10 minutes of use.  I think it was on for about 15 minutes grand total since I assembled it.

Now it's time for me to arrange a fix---I guess I'll search through the archive to see what approach is best.  For what it's worth, we bought an early uBITX back in December and used that one a while with digital modes without any issues.   I'm guessing that this is consistent with the theory that some WX chips conk out early.

Best, Xcott K2CAJ