Re: uBitx just started transmitting a loud hum #ubitx-help

James

Skip,
The mic cable was shielded.
I was using the electret that came with the ubitx, and the momentary switch in a custom 3d printed housing (no shielding in the housing) but the longest run of un shielded mic cable is approx 4cm from the audio plug to my jack on the front panel of the case.

As I said, I think the actual electret element failed, as the hum has gone completely when I de-soldered the element and just left bare wires instead.
I'll pick up another electret hopefully in the next 24 hours and see if that solves the problem when transmitting.

Cheers,
James