Re: uBitx just started transmitting a loud hum #ubitx-help

Skip Davis

Dave are you using shielded cable on your mic? It could be RF getting into the mic circuit. If you are using shielded cable try putting decoupling caps across the mic audio line.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Apr 11, 2018, at 06:02, davesters@... wrote:

I had the bitx40 that quit transmitting. The electret mic failed. I didn't get the hum just silence. The replacement mic has given the radio increased power, about 10 watts.

I wondered if humidity from my breath caused the failure. I like the idea of a voltage spike though. Seems more likely.  Am wondering if I should put a choke between voltage source and load resistor.
Dave
K0MBT