Re: Erratic tuning with my new uBitx

Ian Lee

Chris

"Enabled Adjust Frequency CW frequency"
I thought that this feature was pretty good, so I set it the default use.
Perhaps this option will solve the problem you think.

I'll explain it briefly.
What you think is the right answer.
in LSB mode and USB mode, pressing the CW key will subtract or added the side tone value to frequency,.
The same is true for CWL and CWU modes.
(CWL and CWU are different only for BFO)

"Enabled Adjust Frequency CW frequency"
When this option is checked, the actual transmission frequency will be displayed on the LCD window.

I found a bug that was not applied when I displayed this on the LCD window in RIT mode during this test.
I will fix this bug in the next version.

I tried various tests before.
and I'll post more details on the blog with the photos I just tested.

Ian KD8CEC

Hi Ian

I'm nearly there!

I've installed v1.061 firmware and uBITX Memory Managerv1.01 and unchecked the option to show frequency shift in CWL and CWU modes.

Can you tell me exactly what the option "Enabled Adjust Frequency CW frequency" does when ticked (which it is)?

After enabling RIT, now RitTX and RIT A both show identical values, whilst my actual TX frequency = RIT A - CW tone frequency (which I've just changed to match the 600Hz peak of my beloved W3NQN passive CW audio filter). RIT A changes as a I tune, as expected, and Rit TX is unchanged,as expected, and I suppose you could argue that Rit TX is the frequency to which I need to tune to get back whence I started, so is that the intention? But in my head I think I should be seeing the TX frequency!

I'm still clearly still misunderstanding something, but I'm definitely getting closer!

73 Chris
G3SQU

--
Best 73