Re: TDA2822 Audio problem #ubitx #tda2822

Jerry Gaffke

Sent an email to Oddwires through their contacts webpage, got a reply within minutes:

Hi Jerry, thanks for your inquiry. Board is configurable with a solder junction to 5 or 3.3V. Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks, Ian.

Very nice to have such a quick and concise response.
And he gave his direct line phone number with the response.
I'm sold.

Jerry

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:06 am, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
The USB-to-UART cables sold for use by Arduino hobbyists generally have 0-5v logic levels,
not RS232.   That thing on Oddwires I suggested in a previous post:
    http://www.oddwires.com/cp2102-serial-adapter-module-usb-to-rs232-with-jumper-wires/
claims to be "USB to RS232", but I seriously doubt it.  All I see is the SiLabs chip on it,
no level translators.  Could be 5v logic levels, could be 3.3v, or could be configurable.
Claims to be suitable for use with both the Rasberry Pi (3.3v) or Arduino (5v).
These are nasty hardware details that everyone in the Arduino universe is oblivious to.