Re: AGC circuit to try?

Jerry Gaffke

The half-life of the charge carriers in a PIN diode is only around a microsecond,
so won't work at all at audio frequencies, must be prior to D5 pin 3.

Most of the AGC schemes we see here suppress the audio after the audio pre-amp.
And they work well enough.
But we should get more dynamic range (be able to receive strong signals) if the AGC
attenuator is somewhere between C50 and the antenna port.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:19 am, Tim Gorman wrote:
So you think the BAP64 would be better placed before the audio pre-amp
rather than in the IF? Before C50 maybe?