Re: Variation on Ian's KD8CEC uBitx software (based on his 1.04 release for now) and ATU sketch. #ubitx

Jack, W8TEE

I don't know, as I've never had one that used more than 3 arguments in the constructor.

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:52:45 PM EDT, K9HZ <bill@...> wrote:

I believe this is correct, or at least what my digging into the libraries shows.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Apr 10, 2018, at 11:02 AM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

I think that list of pins describes the interface between the PCF8574 i2c chip on the backpack
into the parallel interface of the LCD display.
Nothing to do with pins on our Nano, all the Nano sees is the SDA and SCL pins
for the i2c bus that is shared between the i2c display and the si5351.

The parallel interface into an lcd requires 4 parallel data lines, and they are used for both read and write.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 08:56 am, Jack Purdum wrote:
It appears that most of those extra pins are for read/write capability, and most of the BITX displays don't use software that reads the display. Also, since most of those use pins 2 and 3, they would kill the ability to use external interrupts on the rig. Since I use external interrupts for tuning, such an I2C display for my projects would be a bad choice. They probably are fine for projects that don't use external interrupts. Personally, I'd look for displays that only require the device address and the row/column specs.