Re: TDA2822 Audio problem #ubitx #tda2822

Arv Evans

Dex ZL2DEX

Beauty of using the built-in UART and built-in USB interface on an Arduino NANO is
that you don't have to mess with voltage level conversion between RS-232 and TTL.
This is also convenient because many modern PC do not have built-in RS-232 ports.

The Arduino Pro-Mini is an alternative to the NANO that does not include the USB
interface.  With this board you only need to do the voltage level conversion in order
to use it with your RS232 PC port.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:57 AM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
The Arduino already does UART, digital pins 0 and 1 get tied to the CH340 usb chip on the Nano.
That chip converts the usb interface on your host into UART TX and RX that the ATMega328P can deal with.
I'm just proposing that we do away with the CH340 chip on the Nano, and use a cable assembly
that includes a CH340 chip or similar, typically only needed when we download firmware.
Though since the 9600 baud interface is so slow it is easy to filter before going into the rig
if you wish to have that USB connection while using the rig for digital modes.

Here's a nice cheap USB-to-UART converter.
  http://www.oddwires.com/cp2102-serial-adapter-module-usb-to-rs232-with-jumper-wires/

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 08:45 am, Dexter N Muir wrote:
I like it! UART to the rig - could do high-rate given logic-level, UART<->USB remote to take the place of the old RS232 (remember them ol' D9 and D25 cables and connectors?). What sort of cost?
How would the Arduino do UART? How many pins?
73
Dex ZL2DEX