Re: #ubitx SSM2167 mic compressor speaker feedback issue - resolved #ubitx

KE0GYC

Thanks for the great post!  I ordered a couple of these myself and have been trying to figure out how they wire up with an electret mic.  This probably just saved me a ton of headache.  I had a couple questions on your setup.

Do you need a DC blocking cap?

Does the 4.7K resistor provides VCC for the chip from the mic bias, or do I need to provide VCC separately?

The 47K resistor you mentioned is between the D7 Raduino wire and the header pin connected to the purple wire, and is not pictured, correct?