Re: A story of discovery...and uBITX #ubitx

Rob Snow

Thank you for all the stories, I love hearing them and I'll bet others do too.

I'm certain, now, that jumping into an IC-7300 wouldn't have supplied the same experience...not that I won't end up with one (or a FT-450D, as funds allow).

The joys and countless hours of fretting over coax (ended up using 400MAX), discovering and solving broadcast interference, driving ground rods and tying them, lightning arrestor, even something as simple as picking a 2 way antenna switch has led to much education and knowledge.

Now to ponder this 2nd uBITX and these RD16's sitting on the shelf...

73 Rob AG5OV