Re: A story of discovery...and uBITX #ubitx

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

My first transmitter (1953) was a 6V6 running at abouit 250 volts built on a piece of wood and with a single 80M novice crystal. Lucky if it got 5 watts into my random wire antenna. The term QRP was not in common use and it was just what a kid in Brooklyn could afford.

As with uBitx, it started a lifetime of discovery and launched me on several engineering careers. Thought still a working engineer, I have been inactive for decades hamwise, but uBitx has rekindled my excitement, and I am awaiting my first unit while thinking about getting a second in the pipeline.

Thanks again, Ashhar!