Re: RD16HHF1 power curve flattening...some

Jerry Gaffke

A search for "si5351 main board" in this forum will show it's been suggested a half dozen times,
starting with post 20455.  I'm still hoping it will happen someday.
Can ship with a Nano and perhaps a 2x16 i2c LCD so the rig is easy to get going,
but also easy to move on to bigger and better processors and displays.
Most of us can find plenty of uses for a spare Nano and LCD.

Of course, the current Raduino is nice in that it eliminates a wiring harness from Raduino to uBitx.
And I understand the wisdom of avoiding unnecessary changes once something works.

But I'd prefer the si5351 on the main board.
And maybe pads for an optional ad8307, for use as an RF probe, s-meter, and sweeperino.

The $0.20 ad8307's on ebay apparently work just fine.
Search for "20pcs ad8307"

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 06:10 pm, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
You are right about the, Si5531. The way it panned out was that first there was the. Bitx40 with analog vfo. That was unstable for the digital modes, so we made the raduino. Then, because there was a raduino, the ubitx happened.

On Mon, 2 Apr 2018, 05:22 John, <passionfruit88@...> wrote:
While we are on the wishes, it would have made my modifications much simpler if the Si5351 was on the main board as it would allow to extend the I2C bus to whatever micro-controller we wished to use.