Re: Arduino For Idiots?

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

I have been programming Arduinos and other small microcontrollers for some years. I don't see the benefit of using a web-based IDE/Editor/uploader. The browser just adds another layer of potential instability.

Web-based tools make sense for functions that are otherwise expensive or difficult to install. For example, ilovepdf.com is a nice set of utilities and hard to duplicate in an installed app.

I use the standard Arduino IDE (free and reasonalble to install) and have had only minor problems over the years. One common goof is using a USB cable that is not designed for data.