Re: Open letter to the uBITX community from Jim Sheldon, W0EB. #ubitx

Supratik and Paromita Sanatani

An Indian Company calling itself VISA and dealing with metals and energy could successfully defend itself against copyright infringement charges brought by the US Credit card company VISA
Supratik VU2IFB

On Sun 1 Apr, 2018, 10:12 PM David, <dokrent@...> wrote:
It would be interesting to challenge the trademark as Lockheed has allowed it to fall into general use. Many companies and people use the term to illustrate a type of behavior and not to refer to Lockheed. Just as it would be interesting to see if the Google trademark would hold up as they have let it become a verb. Trademarks must be defended or they can fall. Also, I believe, in the US first in commerce and not first to register establishes trademark. Yes, one can have two of the same names if they exist in two separate industries, especially if the individuals are not in the others’ industry. Of course, what do I know.