From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Sheldon
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2018 6:45 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Open letter to the uBITX community from Jim Sheldon, W0EB. #ubitx

Shortly after I posted the "Open Letter", I got a private email from someone who shall remain nameless, sort of chastising me for using the name "Skunk Works" for our company since it's a registered trademark of the Lockheed Martin company dating back to the days of the U2, SR-71 and other fantastic aircraft of the day (probably some under development today as well).

As I told this individual, #1 we don't have a "company" and it was meant as a "tongue-in-cheek" joke referring to our behind-the scenes activities in developing software and hardware items that are intended to help enhance the uBITX transceiver and #2, I believe Mr. Kelly Johnson of Lockheed "Skunk Works" fame, were he still alive, would understand and appreciate my reference to his "focus group" in the context that I used it.

Since my use of the "Skunk Works" reference was never intended to refer to a "company" in the first place, I hardly think that Lockheed Martin would even worry about it's use in that vein.

Jim Sheldon - W0EB