Re: #bitx40help Arduino Online Editor (IDE?) #bitx40help

n0bhc@...

I stumbled across a solution to a similar upload problem with an order or 5 Nanos this week.

This batch of Nanos used the CH340 USB chip and I was certain the USB driver was correct.  (I even checked it out!)

I found there has been a recent change in the Arduino IDE (sometime during March '18) and to program new "old" Nanos you have to select "ATmega328P (OldBootloader)" from the "Tools - Processor:"  Menu.  This uploaded to the new batch of Nanos just like before.

I don't want to confuse things but maybe this will save some head scratching time :-)

Bob N0BHC

In a message dated 3/28/2018 10:57:10 PM Central Standard Time, danjamitch@... writes:

My serial monitor is set for 9600 bps.  And it works -
*Raduino booting up
v0.01

cal: -1

*Initiliazed Si5351

*Fixed PLL

*Output enabled PLL

*Si5350 ON
... across the same USB cable that doesn't upload.  When I set COM4 for 57600 I get gibbberish.

That says to me that the Nano UART wants to talk at 9600.  I don't see why it would want to use 9600 for the monitor and some other speed for upload.

There's not, perchance, some secret write protect feature in Raduino, is there?

Dan

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM, w7hd.rh <w7hd.rh@...> wrote:

In the Sketch editor under Tools (with the board plugged in), you will see a selection called Serial Monitor.  Click on that to see the correct serial port baud rate (57600).  Also, if you look at the nano board during the upload (look between the two boards) you should see TWO red LEDs flashing during the upload, then only one is lit when it completes.

Ron W7HD

On 03/28/2018 08:00 PM, Daniel Crane wrote:
I think you're right, Tim.  It's acting a lot like a serial port with the wrong start/stop/data bits or speed.  The Online Editor has a preferences pane, but it doesn't have anything to say about serial port config.
Wait!!!  I think I've found it.  In Device Manager.
Dan

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Tim Gorman <tgorman2@...> wrote:
Is your com port set to the same baud rate as the nano?

I don't know what the default baud rate on the nano is but I'll be
someone on here does. I've not used the Online Editor but does it have
an option somewhere for baud rate?

tim ab0wr

--
Ron W7HD - NAQCC#7587 OMISS#9898 KX3#6966 LinuxUser#415320
Editor OVARC newsletter