Re: The issues of the TDA2822

Daniel Conklin

Ron, your solution was simple and inexpensive.  The regulator costs 29 cents plus shipping.  I got the capacitor from an old transistor radio board I had laying around. The only problem I encountered is that I destroyed the trace on the board and ended up flowing solder down a  wire through the hole on the other side board to repair it.  Anyway, it now works a charm and It's still very loud, so I don't feel I have lost anything by limiting the voltage to the TDA2822 in this way. Thanks for the idea!
Dan, W2DLC