Re: My uBitx with 5v mod #ubitx

Nigel,

Do a test. disconnect the unit from the load aka xBitx. Check the output voltage with the jumper not
installed. Like you accidentally knocked it off!!

If the voltage is more than 5 then hardwire the jumper and solder it. Better safe than sorry.

Raj

At 22-03-18, you wrote:
I used this UBEC @ 5v
https://www.banggood.com/Hobbywing-3A-UBEC-5V-6V-Switch-Mode-BEC-For-RC-Models-p-915037.html?cur_warehouse=CN

It has a small metal screen around it and the ferrite on the 5v output lead plus capacitor on the uBitx board (where I cut the track and soldered the 5v lead onto) forms an adequate LC filter on the 5v DC.
I can't detect any 'noise' on Rx, but as yet haven't transmitted.

I use the UBEC on model aircraft with a video transmitter (FPV) and don't see any noise in the signal.
The video transmitters are quite susceptible to 'dirty' DC and often shows as 'herringbone' lines in the received video.

Nigel.