Re: Newest addition to the shack!

Tim Gorman

Nice! I like your boat anchor gear. Is that an old S-38 I see?

tim ab0wr

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:53:46 -0700
"Nelson" <ngtdlt@...> wrote:

I got my uBITx wired up today and powered it up this afternoon.  Not
much on the air but I did go out to my jeep and fired up my Yaesu
FT-817ND on 10 meter and had my wife listen down in the shack.  She
said it hurt her ears it was so loud (I had the AF Gain up all the
way) but other than that it worked fine.

Now I just need to get the microphone wired up and/or a key wired up
so I can test the transmitter portion.  For the key I think I will
just make an adapter from the 1/4" mono plug I use on my other rigs.
The mic I will use is a mic that I use with my Baofeng UV-5.  I will
modify the plugs to be separate plugs for the mic and external
speaker.  I just need to get a couple of the appropriate size jacks.
Dang I wish Radio Shack still had a store in town.  As it is, I will
need to mail order the plugs for the mic external speaker and key.
In the mean time I will spend some time surfing the bands and
listening on it :-)

Attached is a picture of it in the shack.
Nelson
KG7GYS