Newest addition to the shack!

Nelson

I got my uBITx wired up today and powered it up this afternoon.  Not much on the air but I did go out to my jeep and fired up my Yaesu FT-817ND on 10 meter and had my wife listen down in the shack.  She said it hurt her ears it was so loud (I had the AF Gain up all the way) but other than that it worked fine.

Now I just need to get the microphone wired up and/or a key wired up so I can test the transmitter portion.  For the key I think I will just make an adapter from the 1/4" mono plug I use on my other rigs.  The mic I will use is a mic that I use with my Baofeng UV-5.  I will modify the plugs to be separate plugs for the mic and external speaker.  I just need to get a couple of the appropriate size jacks.  Dang I wish Radio Shack still had a store in town.  As it is, I will need to mail order the plugs for the mic external speaker and key.  In the mean time I will spend some time surfing the bands and listening on it :-)

Attached is a picture of it in the shack.
Nelson
KG7GYS