Re: Mechanical work is done...

Nelson

Howdy Jeff,

As I said, the case was one I had laying around.  Since it had the space I was going to put a 45 w linear amp in and ordered a kit off of Alibaba.  Unfortunately it has nothing but SMDs and I am unable to do that kind of delicate work any more.  Doing the gross kind of soldering required for the uBITX is about all I can handle (getting old really sucks).  I do like your idea of putting in a battery though.  I have a couple of those really small jump start batteries they sell now and one of those would fit in there rather nicely.

Nelson

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 4:28 PM, <raoul@...> wrote:

Woo Hoo!  Looks really good.  You sure left a lot of space for "stuff" inside the case.  Battery?  Antenna tuner?  Linear amp?  Lots of possibilities!  Keep chipping away at it.

Jeff KB7AIL

--
I always thought the Universe was a wonderfully strange place until I studied Particle Physics - I now know the Universe is, in fact, profoundly odd in nature