Re: A simple VOX control circuit for the BitX-40 to allow it to be used for FT-8

John P

Well, I thank you all for the comments, but I think some of you kind of missed the point. Of course I could have used the EasyDigi gimmick (~$15) and a USB to RS-232 gimmick (~$10). Even had I not had all the parts already, this whole thingcost less than $10!

As for CAT control, I didn't really feel like hacking the software in the BitX, although I do have a CAT control interface set of functions using the Yaesu FT-891 command set I wrote for another project.
--
John - WA2FZW