Re: RD16HHF1 power curve flattening...some

John <passionfruit88@...>

Impressive, Bill.

I just tried 180pf across the primary of the output transformer, as opposed to the 33pf I had initially and as you mentioned from your simulations before it raises the power lower down to the point where I don't have the dip at 21Mhz anymore. With RV1 at 60%, 13,8V supply I get 22W at 80M, 20 at 40M, then tapering down to 12W at 15M then flat up to 10M.

So I have wound down my RV1 to get 9 to 10W on the higher frequencies and I get 18-16W on the lower ones. As I wanted. I am now happy with the power curve, especially when compared to the initial one with the IRF510s (17W to less than 2W from memory).

73, John (VK2ETA)