Re: #ubitx-help #ubitx-help

Tim Gorman

Ron,

Unsolder your speaker leads, twist them tightly together and resolder
them to the speaker. See if that helps.

Try a .01pf capacitor between the solder lugs on the speaker. See if
that helps.

As someone else suggested, unsolder your speaker leads, pull them out
from under the display, and then connect them to a speaker outside the
case and see if that helps.

tim ab0wr

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:16:28 -0700
"R S via Groups.Io" <rons8=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Opinions of help needed badly here.  About the 5th or 6th time I have
turn it on, I was listening to Tom E3TH (I know the call is wrong.
All I could get) the entire 40 meter band has these sounds.  Even if
volume all the way down.  I have attached an audio file.  Hope it
works.  I did not try any other bands.  I can touch the finals and
reduce the loudness dramatically, but still audible.  Can touch
anywhere and reduce it.  Antenna and final PA are the most
affecting.  The heat sink I put on the Raduino board is warm with
only receiving.  I have also attached a few pictures internal.  I
have a 1.5 swr on 7.277 MHz using my MFJ269C Pro. Using a Turner +2
now amplified.  Nothing done from day one without antenna connected.

Thanks,
Ron  KJ4FFG