Re: Best way to test power before final

kc0wox Leeper

I believe I found the answer in my youtube comment. It looks like you are building a bitx20a from scratch. A good place to look to answer your questions is http://golddredgervideo.com/kc0wox/bitxkitsigtrace/txscope.htm  and http://golddredgervideo.com/kc0wox/bitxkitsigtrace/signaltraceindex.htm
Look at The scope probe will be de tuning the basdpass filter while connected to this point. The final tuning of C14 and C18 should be done with the scope connected either at the junction of Q20-R83 or at the dummy load after adjusting the PA bias
The junction of Q20 and R83 going into the pa should have at least 800mv's amplitude.
Leonard