Best way to test power before final

Fokko PH0KKO

I have built the Bitx20 for the best part, only the final stage with IRF510 remains. Before I start building the final I would like to check if everything works fine sofar. The reception is great but I am not sure what the peak-peak output voltage on tx should be. I have an oscilloscope and a simple 1 kHz sine wave generator. I intend to feed a signal in (using a 100 nF coupling capacitor) at the mic input of about 20 mV (or more?) but I can adjust that if needed.

What (ball park) output voltage is required and should I terminate it with a 50 ohm resistor when checking on my scope?