Re: #ubitx-help #ubitx-help

Tom VE3THR

Nice job on the layout Ron. Like Mike said, try some 0.1uF caps on the 5V raduino regulator. I didn't see the 4.7K pull up resistor on pins 2&3 of the raduino either. Try another spkr direct to board - no jacks and no grd on the black wire. Same noise with mic disc'd? keep power and signal/audio wires separate - not bundled. Move spkr away from display? Try running off a 12 v battery - pure DC. I had to add a 1000uF electrolytic cap across the DC power on my BITX40 to null the "clicks". Volume control wired correctly?
Good luck and let us know how you make out. Thanks for the audio clip!
73 Tom VE3THR