Re: Junkyard uBITX #ubitx

Terry Morris

Nice kit.

Terry - KB8AMZ
Brimfield Twp, OH
Linux User#412308, Ubuntu User #34905
OSs: LM18.1, Ubuntu 16.04, Puppy tahrpup64, Raspbian
Orgs: PCL70-FOP, NTHS, ALUG, ARRL, PCARS#78, NAQCC#6668, NO-QRP-C, QRP-ARCI#8855
I chair the PCARS CW/QRP SIG and Linux for Hams SIG, second and fifth Tuesday

my computer, my opinion

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 11:10 PM, Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...> wrote:
Rob:  looks beautimus!!

On Mar 17, 2018, at 22:07, Rob Snow <rsnow@...> wrote:

I've seen a ton of beautiful uBITX builds, I thought I'd add my junkyard build that I just completed earlier for the other end of the spectrum.  My wife was going to throw the tin away, so I grabbed it.  Some drilling and snips later and it is alive!  I've got the WX audio chip, so I installed a 8ohm + 8ohm speaker and am running it at 12.0v from 13.8v with a step down that is pictured.

Tried some 80m and 40m earlier, but it's pretty horrible tonight.  I could hear a few folks, but no response to CQ so far.

<2018_03_17 20.25.55.jpg>

73
Rob
AG5OV